When you have lost one or more teeth, a Partial Denture can be made to replace those teeth and fill the gaps.
Things you need to do first;
- You will need to collect a Referral Letter from us to take to your Dentist asking them to provide us with a “Certificate of Oral Health”
- You will then need to visit your dentist for a check-up and clean prior to coming to us for fitting – please make sure you bring the certificate.
- Partial Dentures come in different shapes and materials, with many different options depending on what is the best treatment for you or the state of your remaining teeth.
We will happily inform you which of the following options is best for you;
- A Metal Partial – in chrome cobalt or Titanium is by far the strongest and longer lasting, better fitting partial denture. It can be added to in most cases. If you lose another tooth this will often require us sending your denture away for welding to be done to enable it to take the new tooth.
- Acrylic Partial – not quite as well fitting or retentive as the above partial, but much easier to add teeth to later and reline in some cases. It can have far more palatal coverage and bulk but it is the cheapest option.
- Valplast – small flexible partial which we use for 1 or 2 tooth replacement. It is very small with minimum bulk but can compromise adjacent tissue if strict hygiene is not observed.
- Implants – More expensive but a more permanent replacement for single or more teeth. A Titanium cylinder is threaded into the jaw bone, we then let it heal and Osteointegrate with the bone and then components can be added to replace the missing teeth. Implants can also be incorporated into your full dentures which will help them be more firm and comfortable, eliminating a lot of movement, making them function far more like your own teeth, especially if you have experienced severe bone loss in the lower jaw.
Our Happy Patients!
I love my BPS dentures from the start. Completely satisfied and happy with it, once again thank you Phil for the fantastic job, and I have no problem recommending Phil already to other people.
Very happy with the results, I am looking forward now to try my new plates on that tender steak been dreaming off.
I’m so pleased with my new dentures fit perfectly don’t need to have anything done from 1st fitting thanks to everyone.
My new partial denture fits well, really comfortable, and looks natural. Phil is friendly, professional, and listening to my needs, very critical when you are getting a denture.
I would like to thank Phil for providing me with a crafted full upper denture solution which makes my smile look natural and I feel more confident, very happy with the overall experience with P.Tasker Dental